The Township of Hornepayne’s regular Council meetings are held on various dates throughout the year at 6 p.m. Review our Council meeting calendar to stay up to date on meeting dates.
Agendas and minutes
Check out upcoming and past Council meeting agendas and minutes on our CivicWeb portal. Don't forget to subscribe.
You can also request a hard copy of a meeting agenda or view the minutes at the town hall.
Watch council meetings
Watch Council meetings live on our YouTube channel or visit our portal to watch past recordings.
You can view all live meetings and past recordings on:
- CivicWeb portal by clicking under “Today’s Meeting” on right side of the page or select past meetings;
- Facebook Group the day of the meeting;
- YouTube Channel (subscribe today so you get notified when a meeting is about to begin).
If you would like to receive the link to the upcoming Council Meeting, please contact our Deputy Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speak at a meeting
We welcome public participation at Council meetings, however, if you wish to appear before Council to discuss a particular topic or issue, you need to follow the appropriate procedures.
To be added to the agenda to speak at a Council meeting you need to submit a Deputation / Presentation Request Form at least seven days before the meeting date. This notice period is required by our Procedural By-law in order to help Council and staff:
- Adhere to our Accountability and Transparency By-law by ensuring members of the public are aware of what topics will be discussed at meetings
- Collect related and relevant background information to assist with decision making
- Understand your reasons for attending so they can better address your concern.
When we accept your request, we will contact you to confirm the time and date of your meeting appearance.
Council deputations are limited to two speakers. Only people who are listed on the meeting agenda will be allowed to speak.
Groups are allowed to attend as a deputation, but only two members from the group can speak to Council.
Regardless of how many speakers are part of your delegation, you are allowed a maximum of 10 minutes to speak on your issue.