You may come across wildlife sightings or encounters in and around the Township of Hornepayne, such as coyotes, wolves, foxes and bears. Not all wildlife sightings are an emergency, however if you feel threatened, please call 9-1-1.
Reporting and preventing bear encounters
The Government of Ontario provides information on how to be Bear Wise and prevent bear encounters, such as:
- Who to contact in emergency situations and non-emergency encounters
- What to do if you encounter a black bear
- Bear warning signs
- When to use self-defence
- How to prevent conflict and avoid bear encounters
Preventing and managing conflicts with coyotes
The Government of Ontario provides information on how you can avoid conflicts with coyotes and what to do if you encounter them, such as:
- How to prevent coyote encounters
- How to prevent coyote conflicts with dogs
- What to do if you encounter a coyote
- How to report coyotes
- How to protect your property
Learn about the dos and don'ts when feeding wildlife. Feeding wild animals can often do more harm than good and it can pose threats to wildlife and people.
Rescuing a sick, injured or abandoned wild animal
Learn who to contact, general tips, health risks and public safety information when discovering a sick, injured or abandoned wild animal.
Discover how the Government of Ontario manages wildlife to support healthy ecosystems.
Township of Hornepayne
68 Front Street
P.O. Box 370
Hornepayne, ON P0M 1Z0
Ph: (807) 868-2020
Fax: (807) 868-2787