Holistic Revitalization Plan>
The Township of Hornepayne is currently working with Rural Development Network (RDN) to develop a Holistic Revitalization Plan for the community.
The plan aims to guide staff efforts in revitalizing our rural community and ensuring that the Township:
- Remains fiscally responsible
- Builds and implements a truly integrated municipal revitalization plan
- Implements specific economic and social community development actions
Our areas of study include:
- Community mental health
- Disaster mitigation and planning/emergency preparedness
- Economic development/workforce development
- Housing and affordable housing
- Immigration and inclusiveness
- Marketing and branding
- Safety and policing (crime reduction and mitigation)
- Telecommunications (especially broadband)
View RDN's Revitalizing Rural Communities Presentation and Resolution to work with RDN, seek funding and make the project possible.
Step-by-step guide to community revitalization
We are working with RDN to develop a step-by-step guide on how to develop and implement the plan to assist other small communities across Canada undertaking similar initiatives.
Township of Hornepayne
68 Front Street
P.O. Box 370
Hornepayne, ON P0M 1Z0
Ph: (807) 868-2020
Fax: (807) 868-2787