The Township of Hornepayne is required to maintain an Emergency Plan. The Township's Emergency Management Committee helps to develop and implement our Emergency Management Program, which consists of:
- An Emergency Response Plan
- Annual training exercises
- Public education
The committee is made up of Council, staff and key representatives from external agencies that would be called upon during an emergency.
Under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act, every municipality in Ontario must have an Emergency Management Committee and an Emergency Management Program.
Committee meetings are typically held once or twice a year.
Agendas and minutes
The Emergency Management Committee is currently made up of:
- Head of Council (Mayor)
- Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
- One additional member of Council, appointed by Council resolution
- Community Emergency Management Coordinator (CEMC)
- Fire Chief
- Public Works Manager
And others as required.