Hold on to those hazardous waste items!
Hazardous Waste Collection Day
Date: Saturday, June 24th, 2023
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Location: Hornepayne Community Arena Parking Lot, 1 Tower Road
Important tips regarding hazardous waste
- Do no mix materials.
- Materials will not be accepted unless clearly marked.
- If the container is damaged, package the container in a plastic bag in order not to spill it during the journey to the collection site.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after handling the chemicals.
What will be accepted
- Automotive and Garage products
Antifreeze, transmission fluid, batteries and battery acid, gasoline, diesel fuel, kerosene, motor oil, auto waxes, automotive fluids.
- Household Cleaning Products
Ammonia-based, chlorine bleach, disinfectants, drain decloggers (acids and bases), oven cleaners, window cleaners.
- Miscellaneous Products
Aerosols (empty containers as well), thinners and turpentine, dry cell batteries (disposable & rechargeable), propane cylinders, BBQ lighter fluids, fluorescent light tubes and bulbs (unbroken), photographic chemicals, pharmaceuticals (medicines & old prescriptions) and sharps (place in a rigid plastic container),nail polish & nail polish remover, thermometers, thermostats and switches, glues and adhesives, pool chemicals and bleach. (DO NOT MIX. Keep separate from each other and from other chemicals)
- Paints and paint related materials
DO NOT mix latex with oil base paints.
Oil base and latex paint, furniture and paint strippers, driveway sealers and roof patch, brush cleaners, primers, stains, varnishes, wood preservative, linseed oil, wood stains, varsol, solvents.
- Pesticides and garden products
Flea collars and sprays, mothballs, roach and ant poisons, arsenicals, fungicides, fertilizers, insecticides, weed killers (herbicide), (slugs & snail bait), rat and mouse poisons.
What will not be accepted
- Commercial, industrial or institutional wastes.
- Radioactive materials, explosives, fireworks, ammunition, biological wastes, PCB wastes, helium or Freon tanks or unknown waste.
- Old electronics and tires
Help by keeping these hazardous items out of our landfill
- HH Batteries
- Small Propane
- Oil Filters
- Large Propane Tanks
- Empty Oil Containers
- Fire Extinguisher
- Light Tubes
- Light Bulbs
- Gasoline Drum
- Oil Drum
We encourage people not to dump their hazardous waste at the landfill site. Protect Our Landfill from Hazardous Waste!